What is TruePath: TruePath is a web extension for Chrome and Firefox browser. It is compatible for Opera, Coc Coc, MS Edge.
What it do: When a user right clicks on any web element on the web page, it will display all the XPath as menu item.
What are the Benefits: Reduces the manual effort to construct XPath drastically.
TruePath helps you in the creation of Dynamic XPath, Relative XPath, Unique XPath as well as Index XPath.
When a user right clicks on any web element on the web page, it will display all the XPath as menu item.
It then group the XPath as follows:
1. XPath with id, href, src: This group will list all XPath which has id, href, src or any http\ https as attribute.
2. XPath with class, name, title: This group will list all XPath except those containing id, href, src or any http\ https.
3. XPath with index: As name suggest this group will contain all indexed XPath.
It will show normal XPath and Page Object XPath format i.e., @FindBy, it can easily be used as Selenium locater, Selenium Page Object locater or Serenity Page Object locater.
TruePath-ultimate version has addon capabilities of
- It capture the page title from where the page is generated
- Dynamically identify the element name to use directly in code
- It will show the iFrame URL in case the xpath is generated from iframe so that user can quickly identify that from which iFrame or Frame the XPath is generated.
User can now download XPaths from Element List grid. From the element list grid, it can edit or delete any XPath.
This XPath Plugin also has the capability to generate the XPath using text value. It has built in intelligence that if the element have long, auto-generated attributes such as id=”abc123_ElementContains_Inputs_txtName” it will attempt to locate based on the final (and most significant) part of the value only.
Truepath is downloaded 30000 times and used across 136 countries. So far TruePath have saved 6000 hours of effort.